Thursday, January 26, 2012

A bit of a dilemma

I've been considering for some time about getting rid of all of my children's toys that were not made in the USA.  Only because I've heard some things about other countries not regulating the chemicals used in paints and plastics.  Now, my dilemma's are 1. that I would be getting rid of toys that were given as gifts to my children and 2. If I donate them, I don't want these toys to go to other children and they be harmed by the leaching chemicals because their parents are ignorant to this knowledge or just don't care or don't believe it.  I'm not gonna lie, I was ignorant to this before I started researching it a little.  So, does anyone know how to help me solve my problems with this situation?  Also, I try to tell people before birthdays and other holidays that I only want toys made in America and preferably BPA free if its plastic, but it doesn't seem to get through to them...  And I'm not too worried about my oldest sons toys because he doesn't chew on them like my baby does his.  But my oldest still has too many toys, I want to get rid of so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment